Ostend





EN  Few weeks ago I visited Belgium seaside for the first time. Few people told me not to expect something exceptional, but I was still excited to go there and experience everything with my own eyes. So we went to Ostend. I liked the city in general, I liked the beach, which is so large. I mean what's not to love about the romantic sunset by the sea. But I won't lie, I prefer Lithuania's seaside, dunes and nature. What I saw in Ostend is different, not that it's not beautiful, it's just different for me, not what I am used to, but this difference makes the seaside charming for me.

******

LT  Prieš keletą savaičių pirmą kartą apsilankiau Belgijos pajūryje. Keletas žmonių iš anksto nuteikė nesitikėti nieko įspūdingo, tačiau aš vis vien buvau optimistiškai nusiteikusi ir laukiau savo kelionės. Taigi nukeliavome į Ostendę. Man patiko šis miestas, patiko paplūdimys, kuris yra ypatingai platus. Na sutikime, kaip gali nepatikti pajūris, kuriame gali stebėti romantišką saulėlydį. Tačiau nemeluosiu, visgi man labiau prie širdies yra mūsų lietuviškas pajūris, kopos ir gamta. Tai ką pamačiau Ostendėje yra kitokia, ne tai, kad negražu, bet tiesiog kitaip nei aš esu įpratusi, kitaip nei man yra įaugę į širdį, bet tas skirtumas vis vien Ostendę daro šarmingą. 

Beautiful St.Petrus and St. Paulus church. I just couldn't stop myself from snapping a photo of this beautiful architecture.

We got to experience a huge market one morning, and few citrus photos never hurt nobody.


I was surprised by all the residential buildings by the beach. This is the example where I missed a little piece of nature. But besides that I really enjoyed this large beach.

Bikes are everywhere. As Ostend is located in Flemish part of Belgium, so there are plenty of bike riders.

After the promenade you just have to get a cup of coffee. We were also offered some kind of liqueur (I think so :) to warm up. I am a sucker for these kind gestures (yes, that's me).

It is a huuuuge beach, isn't it??? And it looks so beautiful. Somehow this photo gives me imagination that I was in Dubai, even though I haven't ever been there, but my imagination works well :)

We went to few place to eat and get a coffee, but I can recommend you only one and if you are in Ostend, you have to go there, seriously. It's Kaffiebar by family Jansen. I found this place by searching the tripadvisor and put it on my list to go there. If we had stayed there longer, we would have gone there few times. The coffee is so good, which is such an important criteria for me, and the atmosphere is very cozy, it's like a small room where everyone gets along. The owners work there by themselves. Just really a great place to enjoy a cup of great coffee.

Kaffiebar by Family Jansen
Mijnplein, Ostend 8400
Belgium

Escaping for a few days is always a great idea and it helps to come back in shape. I really enjoyed this little getaway of ours and  I am hoping to visit more cities by the sea in Belgium this summer.

Leave a Comment

  1. Wow, these impressions and pictures look so lovely! You really can't compare the Belgian coast to anything Mediterranean or so, but I think it has a charm of it's own and I really like it! I've been to Blankenberge and to La Panne twice even though it has been years ago. It would be lovely to go on a spontaneous trip there this summer as I totally wanna try out that café ;) Also good to see that you had some sunshine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics! I went to Ostend last year. Maybe not the prettiest beach in the world, but I had a good time. And I got to see one of the prettiest sunsets that I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daugiabučiai nuotraukose irgi per daug nesužavėjo, bet ta pirma jūros nuotrauka... Jūra yra jūra, turi kažką stebuklingo. :)
    || Beauty Vibes ||

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Ostende for years! I used to visit almost every summer as a child. I'd be curious to see how the city has changed now...

    ReplyDelete